Entry Level Basic Skills Aptitude Test
This test ascertains if workers can understand basic questions in American English and provide correct answers.
Purpose: Hiring entry level workers can be an oft-repeated, frustrating, and time-consuming job for any manager. Whether you’re offering unskilled labor jobs or jobs for students, finding people with the right minimal levels of aptitude can be difficult. Our online Entry Level Basic Skills Test will identify if they can understand basic questions in American English and provide correct answers. Also, if you need to find the people easiest to train, this online aptitude test makes it simple to find people who fit the bill.
High Scorers: People scoring high on this test should be able to learn the basic skills needed to perform jobs adequately.
Low Scorers: People scoring low on this test may have difficulty reading or are challenged by most tasks.
Low scorers are may be very difficult to train, and thus will need a lot of supervision.
More About the Entry Level Basic Skills Test
About the Test: This untimed aptitude test includes the following questions:
- A multiple choice basic arithmetic
- Word problems that require simple reasoning
- Items using a ruler to read in inches
- Items reading a clock face
- Situations recognizing safety violations where a picture is presented along with several possible “true/false” safety violations
- Items reading company policies and then making interpretations to answer multiple-choice questions
- Tool identification where a picture is presented along with ten multiple choice answers. This section often needs to be modified based on the tools most often used at your company.
What the Report Gives You: Overall scores based on numbers of questions answered correctly and incorrectly.
Testing Process: Online testing provides immediate reporting.
Options: Overall test content can be easily modified to better fit your particular job. We can present the results in terms of percent correct for each section of the test. Alternatively, we could work with you to test a number of your workers, then build a norm to establish cutoffs for satisfactory scores vs. unsatisfactory scores.
Validity Information: Content validity based on Subject Matter Expert reports of job content. Scores are reported as “Percent Correct.”
Can We Help You Faster?
You may be able to get the information you need right on our website. Find your question below and click to see answers in our FAQs.
- Do you have a demo test?
- Can I try a sample test?
- How many different types of tests do you offer?
- How valid are personality scales?
- Can I get a customized test for my business?
- Can I get a bulk purchase discount?